Although the Richard-KC movie “For The First Time” holds the record for the highest opening weekend this year so far with a whopping P78,966,833.66, “A Very Special Love” still holds the highest grossing pinoy movie of 2008 record with an impressive P168,168,171.60 on its 5-week run.
Please take note that the final grosses of both films from Star Cinema (For the First Time and A Very Special Love) are not yet posted. On the 5-week gross of “A Very Special Love”, it’s already the 3rd highest-grossing pinoy film of all time after Sukob and Ang Tanging Ina. The figures it need to beat is P186.41 million registered by the Kris Aquino-Claudine Barretto horror flick. We are still waiting for the final gross of both movies.
For the meantime, here are the Top 15 Highest Opening Weekend of Pinoy Films this year (so far):
1. For the First Time (Aug. 25-29) - P78,966,833.66
2. Caregiver (May 28-June 1) - P62,852,844.56
3. A Very Special Love (July 30 to Aug. 3) - P58,440,333.16
4. My Bestfriend’s Girlfriend (Feb. 13-17) - P45,834,201.35
5. Dobol Trobol (Aug. 13-17) - P44,672,115.60
6. When Love Begins (April 30-May 4) - P40,757,517.52
7. My Big Love (Feb. 27-March 2) - P30,763,209.40
8. My Monster Mom (July 2-6) - P16,157,096.73
9. Manay Po 2: Overload (April 16-20) - P14,346,933.50
10. Supahpapalicious (March 19-23) - P11,716,644.80
11. Ikaw Pa Rin Bongga Ka Boy (May 14-18) - P10,387,326.72
12. Ploning (April 30-May 4) - P6,123,073.30
13. Urduja (June 18-22) - P5,148,485.62
14. Loving You (Aug. 20-24) - P4,336,437.9
15. Torotot (Aug. 20-24) - P1,274,522.55
Contrary to the reports, My Monster Mom’s final gross was P28,872,135.81 and not P40 million.
Showbiz Top i-News
Please send your comments, suggestions, and reaction to our email address...
Please dont forget to put a comment on each article. Thanks!
Your thoughts are important to us. So be it!