Ano ang mas pinapanood ninyo?

Monday, August 4, 2008

Piolo Pascual: ‘I didn’t back out’

JOKER DETOR
Showbiz Top i-News

Piolo Pascual: ‘I didn’t back out’

By Napoleon Quintos











Piolo Pascual broke his silence on the rumors that he backed out of the July 25 Bench Blackout fashion show because of a billing dispute. The press asked the actor about the issue during the launch of his new commercial for Max’s Restaurant.

"I didn’t back out. I didn’t really want to join. Beforehand I [had] told Mr. Ben Chan already that it’s my personal conviction not to join. Siguro kasi Bench endorser ako kaya people expected me to be there. But for the record hindi po talaga ako kasama sa show bago pa man naplano ‘yun. I have nothing against anyone or what the show is all about," Piolo clarified. Rumors claimed that Piolo refused to walk the ramp as he didn’t want to involve himself in the controversy on who should become the final act: him, Richard Gutierrez, or Dingdong Dantes. Richard eventually did the finale.

Although he said he has no idea of how the show was planned, Piolo clarified that billing was never an issue for him as he respects the producer’s call on how they would want to run their show. The actor-singer-model added that he also had a commercial shoot on the day of the said fashion show hence it was impossible for him to make an appearance.

He also had good words for fellow Bench endorsers Dingdong and Richard "We’re all in one business. I’m happy that Dingdong is doing well. I’m happy that Richard is doing a movie with KC Concepcion. Napakaliit ng showbiz at napaka-selfish mo naman kung lahat ng projects gusto mo sa ‘yo lang. There’s room for people out there na may talent na dapat ding pagbigyan."

Another issue haunting Piolo is the alleged rift involving his two leading ladies, Claudine Barretto and Angel Locsin. ABS-CBN recently released a statement confirming that the two actresses have talked and settled the matter. Piolo, on his part, would rather not speak for either Angel or Claudine. "I’d rather not comment about it because medyo sensitive ‘yung issue. Gusto ko magkaayos ‘yung dalawa. I haven’t had the chance to talk to either Angel or Claudine. Wala akong first hand information on what happened so wala akong karapatan to comment. But I’m sad kasi napakaliit ng industriya lalo na sa ABS-CBN na magkakapamilya kami tapos nagkakaroon pa ng ganitong intriga."

No comments: