Angel Locsin's first fantaserye as a Kapamilya bowed out of contention with flying colors. Cornering the top spot, Lobo—which had its last episode on July 11—emerged as the most watched program last month in the nationwide primetime race alongside Cesar Montano's The Singing Bee.
According to the latest NUTAM (Nationwide Urban TV Audience Measurement) study conducted by AGB Nielsen Media Research Philippines for the month of July, both Lobo and The Singing Bee accumulated identical 33.4 percent ratings, followed by June leader Dyesebel.
Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes garnered a rating of 33.2 percent followed by ABS-CBN's teleserye, Iisa Pa Lamang, which collected a total of 31.8 percent.
Richard Gutierrez's Codename: Asero garnered 31.5 percent to beat Joaquin Bordado's 31.4 grade.
This year's edition of the Ms. Universe pageant held in Vietnam figured prominently in the daytime contest. The annual beauty fest seen around the world secured the third spot via its 19.9 percent rating behind Wowowee's 22.8 percent tally. Leading the race was the Spanish telenovela El Cuerpo Del Deseo with 23.7 percent tucked under its belt.
ABS-CBN's special coverage of the State of the Nation Address last July 28 likewise entered the winning column. Bolstered by its 17.9 percent rating, the SONA delivered by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo overtook perennial contenders Daisy Siete and Eat Bulaga!
Willie Revillame's Wowowee sat solely at 1st place in the daytime category for the Top Weekend Programs. Trailing behind the controversial noontime show was ASAP '08, which gathered a rating of 20.1 percent.
Cinema FPJ settled for 3rd with 19.5 while another ABS-CBN program, Your Song, hauled down 18.1 percent. Rounding up the Top 5 was Eat Bulaga! which garnered a total of 17.2 percent rating.
Picking up from where it left off, Pinoy Dream Academy maintained its strong showing in the primetime category of the Top Weekend Programs. The show's Live Gala Night gained a rating of 30.2 percent while its Little Dreamers edition gathered 28.5 percent to nail the No. 1 and No. 2 spots, respectively. Goin' Bulilit placed third overall with 27.1 percent rating.
Here are the Top 10 weekday and weekend programs for the month of July based on a survey conducted by AGB Nielsen among NUTAM households:
Top Weekday Programs (Daytime)
1. El Cuerpo Del Deseo (ABS-CBN) - 23.7 %
2. Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 22.8 %
3. Ms. Universe 2008 Vietnam** (ABS-CBN) - 19.9 %
4. Ligaw na Bulaklak (ABS-CBN) - 18.5 %
5. Magdusa Ka (GMA-7) - 18.5 %
6. Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 18.1 %
7. Gaano Kadalas ang Minsan (GMA-7) - 17.9 %
8. SONA 2008 ABS-CBN Special Coverage (ABS-CBN)** (ABS-CBN) - 17.9 %
9. Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 16.7 %
10. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 16.3 %
Top Weekday Programs (Primetime)
1. Lobo (ABS-CBN) - 33.4 %
2. The Singing Bee (ABS-CBN) - 33.4 %
3. Dyesebel (GMA-7) - 33.2 %
4. Iisa Pa Lamang (ABS-CBN) - 31.8 %
5. Codename: Asero (GMA-7) - 31.5 %
6. Joaquin Bordado (GMA-7) - 31.4 %
7. TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 31.0 %
8. My Girl (ABS-CBN) - 28.0 %
9. 24 Oras (GMA-7 ) - 23.9 %
10. Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 23.9 %
Top Weekend Programs (Daytime)
1. Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 22.5 %
2. ASAP '08 (ABS-CBN) - 20.1 %
3. Cinema FPJ Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 19.5 %
4. Your Song (ABS-CBN) - 18.1 %
5. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 17.2 %
6. Dragon Ball Z (GMA-7) - 15.5 %
7. The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 14.1 %
8. Entertainment Live! (ABS-CBN) - 13.9 %
9. Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 13.4 %
10. SOP (GMA-7) - 13.0 %
Top Weekend Programs (Primetime)
1. Pinoy Dream Academy Live Gala Night (ABS-CBN) - 30.2 %
2. Pinoy Dream Academy Little Dreamers (ABS-CBN) - 28.5 %
3. Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 27.1 %
4. Komiks (ABS-CBN) - 27.0 %
5. Bitoy's Funniest Videos Yari Ka! (GMA-7) - 24.6 %
6. Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 24.4 %
7. Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 23.7 %
8. Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 22.1 %
9. Pinoy Idol (GMA-7) - 20.4 %
10. Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 20.2 %
Source: AGB Nielsen Media Research, Philippines via Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP)
Showbiz Top i-News
Please send your comments, suggestions, and reaction to our email address...
Please dont forget to put a comment on each article. Thanks!
Your thoughts are important to us. So be it!