Ano ang mas pinapanood ninyo?

Monday, July 14, 2008

Reading John Lloyd between the lines

JOKER DETOR
Showbiz Top i-News


Reading John Lloyd between the lines

Reading John Lloyd between the lines ...

Some say he is the next Christopher de Leon. I say John Lloyd Cruz is in a league of his own. Among the younger generation of actors, John Lloyd is tops in his class. He crosses boundaries. Men and women of all ages admire him, some revere the young actor who has become a staple fare in primetime TV drama. They cry when John Lloyd cries. They sing when he sings. They laugh when he laughs. It is easy to fall in love with someone like him. My neighbor says that, he wants to embrace, love and spank John Lloyd. Nenita, my devoted house help says that he is like a long lost son you want to cuddle. John Lloyd knows his audiences and how to tickle them. He can be detached, wily, cuddly, lovable, and sometimes disagreeable. He is an enigma. Just when you think you knew him, you discover you know nothing.

A true chameleon, John Lloyd fits the movie star type. His love team with Bea Alonzo is one of the most bankable. Lately, a new pairing with singing star Sarah Geronimo in Star Cinema's A Very Special Love (which opens in theaters nationwide on July 30), will test the waters of his bankability as an actor. But whoever is paired with John Lloyd always gives a superb performance. His humor is wry, sardonic even. Read carefully between the lines and you will know or not know John Lloyd. By the way, he hates questionnaires like this.

What is the worst misconception about you?

That I am nice.

What is your dream role?

The one of a humanitarian.

Who cuts your hair?

A guy named Richard.

When was the last time you cried (in real life) and why?

In the afternoon of July 2, 2008, after watching Jerry McGuire.

Which other talent would you like to have aside from what you are known for?

It wouldn't hurt if I know how to sing like Jeff Buckley or Chris Cornell.

Are you happy or content?

No.

What do you think of organized religion?

I respect them. All of them.

Where are you now? Heaven, hell or in limbo? Why?

I'm in this place called Earth.

The most insane thing you've done because of love?

Self destruct. I think it's crazy and pathetic.

If you were a guardian angel, who would you be guarding now? Why?

The core of my very own intentions.

What do you hate most about your job?

Questionnaires like this.

What is your favorite name of a woman? Why?

Sarah.

Rate the following in decreasing importance: Love, sex, money.

I cannot answer this one.

Favorite love song?

Bato sa Buhangin.

How do you pray?

My life is my prayer.

Who is the greatest athlete of all time?

I don't know. I'm not really into sports.

The best place on Earth? Why?

In the arms of the one you love the most.

The most expensive item you bought for a loved one?

A house we now call home.

Why are so many people poor?

Because of fate.

What was the most outrageous lie you ever told?

A failed performance.

If you were a kind of food, what would you be? Why?

Ampalaya. Because I know that people love me for what I'm really made of.

What was your favorite toy when you were growing up?

Teks (cards).

Coffee or tea? Why?

Neither. I like wine better.

What is your greatest fear?

Losing all the love in my heart.

What name would you have given yourself? Why?

Grace. Why not?

Who is the sexiest person on Earth?

Lizelle Uy.

How brave are you?

I'm not brave.

How do you deal with temptation?

We get along pretty well. Smile.

No comments: