Ano ang mas pinapanood ninyo?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Joyce is getting married Aug. 23

JOKER DETOR
Showbiz Top i-News

Joyce is getting married Aug. 23



It’s confirmed: Joyce Jimenez and her Fil-Am boyfriend Paul Ely Egbalic are getting married on Aug. 23 in California.

“Yes, it’s true,” Joyce told Funfare in an exclusive interview yesterday hours before she boarded PAL flight PR 102 to Los Angeles to attend to preparations for the strictly-family affair. “Some people have been asking me about it but I simply smiled and said nothing. I want The STAR to confirm it.”

The Catholic wedding will be solemnized at the San Lorenzo Ruiz Church in Walnut, California, where Joyce is a parishioner. The reception will follow at country club somewhere in Pomona, also in California.

Joyce, who’s turning 30 on Oct. 19, and Paul, 33, met — and matched — about three years ago at a Christmas family gathering. She was visiting her brother and he, his sister. No, sparks didn’t fly during that first meeting; it wasn’t love at first sight.

“I was then studying in Australia and I had a boyfriend then,” said Joyce. “He was also a Fil-Am. When we broke up, Paul and I reconnected and we started swapping e-mails.”

They initially planned to get married first week of September to coincide with the long Labor Day weekend but the venue for the reception was fully booked so they decided to move the date a week in advance.

“Most of the 300 people we invited are from the US and we wanted sana to have an extended family reunion,” said Joyce. “Only about 20 relatives are coming from Manila.”

Asked where they are spending their honeymoon, Joyce smiled.

“There will be no honeymoon,” she said. “I will stay in California for a while after the wedding and then come back to fulfill my commitments with Ever Bilena which is distributing my Private Joyce Lingerie Collection. Paul will remain in the States.”

Owned by tycoon Dioceldo Sy, the 25-year-old Ever Bilena is now into direct selling after it expanded its line from just nail polish to make-up, cologne, lotion, sun protection and skin care, shoes, novelty products like face paint and, that’s it, lingerie.

“That’s where Private Joyce comes in. My business is doing good at sayang naman if I will neglect it.”

Joyce said that she and Paul have discussed long-range plans before they decided to get married.

“I would come and go, attending to my business and other things besides, while Paul will attend to his work as a manager of a company,” said Joyce. “I guess time will come when we have to decide whether we will settle down here or in the States.”


RICKY LO
The Philippine Star

No comments: